How do I do chaturanga, and why do we do it all the time? What am I supposed to be feeling in downward facing dog? What does Omm and Namaste mean? Why is everyone breathing like they have a chest infection?!?!
Yoga can often be daunting and difficult for beginners. In this workshop we will answer questions about yoga that we rarely ask and take the time to break down some of the most commonly used asanas (postures) to give you a better understanding of where to place your body, how to use your breath and how to make the practice accessible for you.
Elements included (but are not limited to):
- What is yoga and why do we practice? What does vinyasa mean?
- Ujjay breath
- Breakdown of asanas (postures) in a vinyasa : Chaturanga, upward dog and cobra, downward dog
- Sun salutation A & B
- Alignment of feet, knees and body in standing asanas (postures, warrior I, II, Crescent lunge, triangle pose)
- Balancing principles including Bakasana (Crow/le corbeau)
- How to twist safely
- Savasana (Relaxation)
Who should do this course:
- Beginners to Vinyasa Yoga
- Students who wish to refine and deepen their understanding of Vinyasa Yoga
Open to all. In English.
OÙ/WHERE : Paris Yoga Shala
TARIF/FEE : 40€ ou 2 tickets des carnets de cours.
RESERVATION : email@example.com ou 01 40 70 14 44