With the weather getting more and more beautiful each day, it is time for yoga en plein air! Last year, things kicked off in May; this year, it’s taken a bit longer for the temperatures to warm up but the calendar is beginning to fill with opportunities to practice under the sun, on the grass, or overlooking the Seine.
Where to do yoga outdoors in Paris / Où faire du yoga en plein air à Paris
• On Saturdays, do yoga on a péniche! Thanks to ingenious yoga teacher Cassandra Kish of Vidyaa Yoga Paris, salute the sun and practice “Tour Eiffel” drishti while gazing across the river. The boat, Le Paris, is berthed in front of 26 avenue de New York, between pont de l’Alma and pont d’Iéna. Class goes from 11h to 12h30, but check the Facebook page for any schedule changes. 25€. BYOMAP (Bring Your Own Mat And Props :-)
• This Saturday (15 June), literally “meet up” with the Yogis & Yoginis of Paris Meetup group! Join fellow yogis for a morning practice that will combine yoga flow and deep breathing with some pilates for core work. Address and additional details are released the night before, so become a member of the group to RSVP and participate. Free. BYOMAP.
• Weekends are fantastic at Les Docks / Cité de la Mode et du Design! Wanderlust Paris and Lolë Paris have collaborated for the last couple of years to offer free classes. They serve up a mix of traditions from Vinyasa to Hatha Flow to Yoga Fusion, and it’s great way to get a taste of all of Paris’s different teachers and styles. Check the Events listings on Wanderlust Paris’s Facebook page and Lolë’s Facebook page for details. Free. BYOMAP.
• On Sundays, head over to Yoga & Co’s “Yoga au parc le dimanche matin”! Weather permitting, join other yogis at the entrance of Parc Eole located at 20 rue du Département (a six minute walk from the studio.) Rendez-vous at 10h10 or 10h20 for a fun outdoor practice. BYOMAP.
• From 1-12 July, you can do yoga on the terrasse of the Maison Blanche. No, that White House, the other one on avenue Montaigne! From 18h to 19h, these “Yoga à ciel ouvert” classes are open to all levels and limited to 10 participants. No need to bring anything -- mats, water and towels will be provided so that all you have to focus on is your breathing… It’s 25€ which may seem like a lot at first, but the view is nothing short of spectacular. Call 01 47 23 55 99 to make a reservation beginning 24 June.