We live in a world where we're constantly tethered to technology, absorbing information at an unprecedented rate, chronically rest-deprived like never before and flooded with stress hormones that cause us to burnout. It’s a little wonder that stress and anxiety are simply unavoidable. In fact, statistics show that anxiety is now the number one mental health problem in Australia, United States, and many other countries. Over time, chronic stress and anxiety can wreak havoc on ours minds and bodies, leaving us tense, short of breath, and at risk of sleep disorders, high blood pressure, digestive disorders, obesity, autoimmune diseases, adrenal problems, depression and heart disease. But there's a range of strategies we can use to alleviate anxiety and yoga is absolutely one of them.
This gentle 2-hour workshop with Australian-based yoga teacher Emma Ceolin will take you on a journey to soften back into yourself again and explore yoga as a tool to calm the nervous system. Emma shares her experience growing up with anxiety and how she manages it day-to-day with practical and accessible yoga techniques. Kick back and relax, sip on your warm herbal tea, nibble on delicious raw vegan chocolates and try soothing essential oils with this stress-to-bliss workshop. Learn about anxiety through science-based lectures, sharing, reflection, journalling, brainstorming, intention setting, pranayama (breathing), let-go techniques that interrupt anxious thought patterns, and longer held poses of yin yoga targeted at releasing tension, stress and anxiety.
You’ll also be gifted with the Yoga for Anxiety eBook, and further support and recommendations like apps, podcasts and books to manage your anxiety. Hit reset on the nervous system and leave this heart-centred workshop feeling more grounded, balanced and inspired to create a shift. Take a deep, sweet breath back and get in control of your anxiety today.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Practical, accessible tools and techniques to alleviate anxiety in everyday life
- Lecture with projector and screen
- A deeper understanding around the biological, social, and psychological aspects of anxiety
- Supporting research behind practical yoga tools to alleviate anxiety
- A deeper self-awareness around your personal anxiety triggers, symptoms, remedies and resources
- Sharing your personal experiences in a safe, non-judgmental, supportive space
- Let-go practices that interrupt anxious thought patterns
- Intention setting
- A short video about anxiety
- Lecture (drink herbal tea & eat vegan raw chocolates) // 45 minutes
- Pranayama (breathing) // 15 minutes
- Asana (poses) // 45 minutes
- Meditation (relaxation) // 15 minutes
WHAT TO BRING
- As this is a yin yoga workshop please wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing and bring a jumper in case it gets cold
- A notebook and pen so you can jot down ideas and thoughts from this workshop
- Water bottle to keep you hydrated
- Reading glasses if needed
- Open heart and mind
This workshop will be taught in English (Australia).